The Good, The Bad and The Critic

Established on March 19th, 2012 and pioneered by film fanatic Michael J. Carlisle. The Good, The Bad and The Critic will analyze classic and contemporary films from all corners of the globe. This title references Sergei Leone's influential spaghetti western The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Ten Favourite Simpsons Episodes


Created by Matt Groening, The Simpsons is the longest running animated and episodic television series in the world. With 28 Seasons, the show has been running since 1989 and will likely be in syndicate for the next 30+ years with reruns and new episodes. It is a pop culture phenomenon that continues to lure in a new generation of fans, even though it can be argued that the show "jumped the shark" in the 9th season with the episode Principal and the Pauper.

While I'm not a superfan in the sense that I MUST  buy all Simpsons related merchandise, I must admit that I've seen every episode from Season 1-17 at least three or four times. When I was young I would co-ordinate my schedule so I would not miss an episode of The Simpsons and as a result I viewed 14 episodes a week on average. I still watch the show, albeit older episodes, when I have the time and you'll still find me quoting the series in everyday conversation. "Did you say boo or boo-urns?"

With that in mind I think I'm qualified to name my ten favourite Simpsons' episodes. Let me know what your favourite Simpsons' episodes are.


10. The Last Temptation of Homer (Season 8)

Homer struggles with the idea of cheating on Marge

9. One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Bluefish (Season 2) 
Homer might die from eating poisoned sushi

8. Homer the Heretic (Season 4)
 
Homer decides he doesn't want to go to church anymore

7. Hurricane Neddy (Season 8)
A Hurricane destroys Ned Flanders' home

6. Beyond Blunderdome (Season 11)
Homer has to help Mel Gibson with his movie

5. Homer's Enemy (Season 8)
Homer has an enemy at work

4. Homer vs. Lisa and the Eight Commandment (Season 2)
Homer struggles with "thou shalt not steal"

3. Homer vs. The 18th Amendment (Season 8)
Homer makes illegal booze


2. Rosebud (Season 5)
Burns wants his prized childhood bear back

1. Das Bus (Season 9)
Lord of the Flies Simpsons' style!

No comments:

Post a Comment